Infrastructure, Fellowships and Facilities
1. Physical Facilities: The department has 4 Classrooms including 1 gallery. There is a Project room also. We have adequate furniture for the Classrooms and Teachers' rooms. There are 3 Overhead Projectors to support Classroom Teaching.
2. Fellowships: The department offers three Fellowships to PhD students as per UGC terms and conditions .
3. Library: There is a Departmental Library that contains the most sought after and Basic Text Books for ready reference by the students. This library also stores the PhD and MPhil Dissertations of the departmental students, Reports of Departmental Research Projects and Surveys,Working Papers of Faculty members, and copies of Faculty Publications. The collection includes newly published books on contemporary areas of economics. New edition to the collection are made out of grants sanctioned for the purpose, every year after consultation with the faculty. The library subscribes to all major International and National Journals (both Hard Copies and ejournals through INFLIBNET). The current number of Library books in the departmental library is 944. In addition the students can avail the facilities of Central Library which has more than 20000 books on Economics and Allied subjects.
4. Computing Facilities Computer facilities in the department is quite excellent. The department has a Computer Lab with 25 Pentium IV Computers, 3 Overhead Projectors, 2 Deskjet Printers, 2 Scanners and 1 LCD Projector. The lab is fully networked and the LAN is linked with the UniversityWAN and Internet hub. Students use the lab for their research work mainly. In addition students are given assignments to supplement their theoretical understanding which they do in the lab and submit term papers etc. The lab provides all standard Econometrics and Statistical packages such as SAS, LIMDEP, DEA, and FRONTIER under Windows environments. In addition to the above software, the institute subscribes to corporate databases such as CAPITALINE and PROWESS, and various other national and international databases. In addition, the central library has a free internet facility which may be availed by research scholars and teachers of this university. This is also available in our departmental computer lab through WAN.
5. Common Facilities: The campus itself is picturesque with lush green environment. It also boasts of all modern facilities like Photocopying counters, Canteen and Cafeteria, Tele-booths. Student facilities include Common Room with various indoor Games, Spacious Auditorium, University’s own Stadium. Interdepartmental drama competition and annual sports event are a regular feature. Cultural programmes are also common. In addition the students organize Mock Debates, Budget Analysis Sessions, and also take part in Social Activities like NSS and Environment Protection Campaigns. Hostel facilities are provided to outstation students with In-house Messing. There is a functioning University Student Placement Cell